On July 21, 2018, members of the General Chapter elected the following councilors:
1. Fr. Leopold Mfouakouet from Cameroon. The former provincial superior who also served on the previous General Council. Born in 1968, he was professed in 1988 and ordained in 1995. He has served in parish ministry, in formation, and as a professor at the Catholic University in Yaundé.
2. Fr. Stephen Huffstetter from USA. He is 59 and was re-elected to the General Council of the Priests of the Sacred Heart. The former provincial superior of the US Province professed his first vows in 1982 and was ordained in 1989. Before service as provincial superior he was director of St. Joseph’s Indian School in South Dakota. He has also served in formation, and in pastoral ministry on the Indian reservations of South Dakota.
He has a Master’s in Divinity and a Doctorate in Cross Cultural Ministry from Catholic Theological Union in Chicago.
3. Fr. Artur Sanecki from Poland has been re-elected to the General Council. The former provincial superior of the Polish Province is 52, professed his first vows in 1985 and was ordained in 1991. He has served in formation and has taught theology, including at the Pontifical University in Krakow. Fr. Arthur holds a doctorate in Biblical Theology from the Gregorian Pontifical University in Rome and speaks six languages.
4. Fr. Alexander Sapta Dwi Handoko the Provincial Superior from Indonesia. He was born in 1963, professed in in 1984 and ordained in 1993.
5. Fr. Levi dos Anjos Ferreira from Brazil. Fr. Levi at the time of election was not a member of the General Chapter. Originally from Brazil, he has served in the German Province for several years. Fr. Levi was born in 1972, professed in 1994 and ordained in 2002. He is currently novice master in Freiburg, Germany. Fr. Levi will join the chapter as soon as possible.